Well happy Monday y'all! I will be honest there is a reason this says my second edition of weekly wishes--I dropped the ball on pretty much ALL of my goals. I think I just might have put a lee-tle bit too much on the plate for the first time.
Anyway today's Weekly Wish theme is "Celebrate" and I thought what is more celebratory than a wedding bouquet (Other than maybe a champagne toast, but I didn't have any pictures of that)! That's my bouquet up there by the way--white roses and dark blue daisies--made by Zach's incredible aunt, Vonda, who is pretty much a DIY genius.
1. Fine tune my blog design. Done! Notice my lovely sidebar, now located on the left side of the page in all of it's green and blue glory.
2. Finish writing my stand-alone pages. I'm hanging my head right now because even though I had an entire two weeks to do it, I still have not written a word on any of these pages. This one I have decided to make a monthly goal so the 31st is now my estimated date of completion. (I'll keep y'all posted on how that turns out.)
3. Organize my laundry room. I'm really happy to say this is done, at least for the moment. Hubby hasn't been home much to make messes so my cleaning job has lasted so far.
4. Read all my library books. Epic EPIC fail on this one.
5. Organize my time better. I only slightly achieved this goal--I made a daily chart but haven't succeeded in abiding by it. So you decide for yourself whether that's a win or a fail because I'm undecided at this point.
6. Participate more in social media. I'm laughing right now, you can't hear me, but I'm laughing. I completely sucked at this one, not gonna lie.
Soooo two out of six is not the best of ratios, is it? Oh come on, just tell me it sucked because it did. I'm going to blame it on being in the doldrums these past few days (weeks) even though I know that's a completely lousy excuse.
1. Exercise at least 3 times this week. Remember when I told y'all I was doing zumba? Well, my dears, that lasted about a week and then I realized it just wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. So in order to lose some major poundage particularly in the thigh area, I'm biting the proverbial bullet and launching myself into a a hardcore exercise program. Think pushups and wall sits and running (Oh my!) Any and all encouragements and helpful hints are welcome.
2. Schedule posts ahead. This ties into the whole organization thing. I'd love to get into the habit of writing 2 or 3 posts at a time when I'm in a writing mood and schedule them throughout the week so that on one of those days that I don't have time or I'm completely out of ideas I have a backup.
3. Enjoy my birthday. Friday is the big 23. Can I just say YIKES! I feel like I haven't even gotten used to being 22 yet and I'm already a year older. I'm really hoping that the hubby and I can spend this b-day together and that he does not make me eat cake.
4. Be conscious of the hardships in other people's lives. Even if those same people are some of the hardships in mine. It's crazy I know but often I forget that every one has their own hardships and problems to deal with. I'm hoping that this enlightened world view will help me forgive certain people for their behavior and help me be more zen.
Write up some wishes for your week and link up!