- 1 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 4 c Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Toppings of your choice!!!
1. Sprinkle yeast over 1 and 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water.
2. Combine flour and salt with a mixer. Or not--I didn't use a mixer, opting instead for good old-fashioned elbow grease (not mine, my husband's). Drizzle in olive oil only until combined with flour.
3. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined.
4. Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil and form a dough ball. Toss to coat dough with olive oil and then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge at least 24 hours in advance. Three to four days is best.
5. When you're ready to make the pizza, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
6. Drizzle olive oil on a large baking sheet and use your fingers to coat thoroughly. Remove HALF the dough from the bowl. Stretch the dough into a large rectangle with your fingers, dough will be very thin.
7. Either lightly drizzle a little olive oil onto the dough and spread or you can replace the olive oil with tomato sauce before adding your other toppings.
8. Top with your favorite toppings!
9. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from the pan and slice.
10. Serve immediately and enjoy!!!!!