- Have you ever head the phrase 'modest is hottest'? Did it ever seem sort of like an oxymoron to you? I know it always has to me. Which is exactly why I loved Hayley's latest post about the attitude behind that catchy phrase.
- My pal Jessica just ended her very first year of blogging!!! Congrats girlfriend! In celebration of her first blogaversary she shared some things she's learned during her very first year!
- This new year is bringing lots of new changes and opportunities for the hubs and I. Lately I've been wondering how to find the balance between supporting my husband and pushing him to do something I think he should do. Mal's post about her tips for encouragement without pressure came at just the right time.
- Anyone who knows me will tell you that I think the whole Facebook thing is more trouble than it's worth. As a matter of fact, if it weren't my blog's 'fan' page, I probably would be sans-Facebook account right now. Maybe that's why I think Nadine's post is funny, but whatever your stance on the ol' book of faces you HAFTA read her post about the eight people who should be banned from face page.
- I'm actually pretty jealous of all the people who are complaining about the polar vortex right now. Granted, I know if I were in their situation I would probably hate the cold and snowy weather just as much as they do, but I secretly wish that the snow and cold would make its way to Hawaii. (Yes, I realize that it would only take a day or two of freezing my patooski off before I'd be taking that wish back)
- I'm scared to publish some of the posts I have in drafts. Mostly because this whole content-heavy writing thing is new to me but also because I'm afraid that people will be offended or no one will even read what I've written at all.
- We still have our Christmas tree up and it will probably be at least another month or two before we take it down. And I have absolutely no shame about it either!
Two Things I'm Looking Forward To
- This Saturday Zach and I are debating running in a division remembrance 6k here on post. I'm super excited because the view is supposed to be gorgeous, however I am a teensy bit wary because I'm not sure my out-of-shape body will be able to make it 3 miles up a mountain and 3 back down it. Wish me luck, friends!
- The end of Febrary--I could pretty much do away with the whole middle part of the month but I absolutely can't wait for the last week to get here!
One Reason I Love Being a Military Wife
It's no doubt that being the spouse of a military man is hard sometimes but there's a lot of good things about it too. Today you can find me over on Melissa's blog sharing four reasons I love being a military wife. And while you're there, make sure to wish her congratulations for tying the knot with her own Army man.
What are some things you loved about this week?
If you're visiting from Loving Life Moore, welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself and tell me what you think!!