The husband and I have a-not-so-secret love for Red Lobster. It was our go-to restaurant while we were dating and I've tried my hand at recreating some of their signature dishes. I LOVE their Cheddar Bay biscuits and of course, I can't go to Red Lobster without getting my favorite dish Parmesan-crusted Tilapia. So I figured it was about time to give hubby's favorite dish a try--shrimp scampi.
- 1 lb medium shrimp (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tbsp pure olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 c white wine, I used chardonnay
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper/Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 c butter
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat pan until it sizzles and add olive oil. Add shrimp and cook until tender. Remove shrimp and set aside.
2. Add garlic to the oil and cook 2-3 minutes, just until browned.
3. Add the white wine and lemon juice, simmer the win until it's reduced.
4. Reduce heat and add the seasoning and butter. Whisk until butter is combined.
5. Add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley and baste with sauce.
6. Sprinkle with grated cheese and enjoy!