- 1-2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 1/2 c cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 c white vinegar
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic (1-2 cloves)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut your chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. While the oil is heating, place your cornstarch and eggs into separate bowls. Dip chicken into the cornstarch and then into the egg mixture, coating thoroughly.
3. Cook your chicken in the skillet just until all sides are browned. Place chicken in a 9x13 greased baking dish. (the size of the dish really doesn't matter just as long as it's a casserole type baking dish).
4. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, ketchup, both vinegars, soy sauce, and garlic. Pour over the chicken bites and toss. Bake the chicken/sauce mixture for around 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick. (The key to this is to stir the chicken every 10 minutes or so of baking time)
5. Serve over rice and enjoy!!!