- 1 pkg strawberries (usually about a quart)
- 1/4 c sugar
For the Shortbread
- 2 1/3 Bisquick mix
- 1/2 c milk
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
For the Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Slice your strawberries and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Using a potato masher, slightly mash the strawberries and mix in the 1/4 sugar. Set aside. (I like to leave them for at least an hour). Place another small bowl into the freezer to chill.
2. In another bowl, stir Bisquick, milk, sugar, and butter until soft dough forms (a pastry cutter comes in handy here). Drop your biscuit dough by spoonfulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown. While they're cooking pour your heavy cream into the smaller bowl you just chilled. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat with an electric mixer until peaks form (make sure not to overbeat!).
4. Split the shortcakes, pour on your strawberry mixture and top with your whipped cream. Serve and enjoy!!!