- 2 Tilapia Fillets
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Parsley
For the Butter Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Capers
- 4 oz dry White Wine
- 1 oz Lemon juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 1 oz Cider Vinegar
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 c Butter, cubed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Beat your egg slightly in a small dish. In a separate dish, combine bread crumbs and herbs together.
3. Dredge your fillets individually first in egg and then in your bread crumb mixture, coating thoroughly. Place each fillet into your greased baking dish and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes.
4. While your fish is baking, start preparing your butter sauce. (It took about 15 minutes for us to make the sauce so plan accordingly). Brown the garlic and capers in a sauce pan just until it starts to smell delicious.
5. Add your white wine, lemon juice, and cider vinegar. Reduce over high heat until dry (flaming it really helps).
6. Add the heavy cream and simmer on low to medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add the butter a few cubes at a time, whisking constantly to combine. Continue adding butter to the full amount and add your salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve your butter sauce over your fish (and mashed potatoes if you made them too) and enjoy!!!!