- 1-2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, pounded to about 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 c Flour
- Salt and pepper, about 1 tsp each
- 2 c Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 8 Tbsp Butter, melted
For the Sauce
- 1/3 c Honey
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 2 tsp Chipotle Sauce (I used 1 Tbsp Jalapeno juice because I didn't have any chipotle peppers on hand)
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 c Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/3 c Cold water + 2 Tbsp corn starch, dissolved
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Pour melted butter onto a baking sheet and coat thoroughly.
2. Combine flour with salt and pepper, place in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another dish and the eggs in a third. Then it goes flour, egg, bread crumbs-- first, dredge your chicken strips in the flour, dip into the egg mixture and coat, then dredge again in the panko.
3. Place your chicken strips on your baking sheet in a single layer of course. Bake about 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
4. While your tenders are baking, prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients except the water/cornstarch mixture in a saucepan. Whisk until combined and bring to a rolling boil. Add corn-starch/water mixture and stir until combined. Reduce the heat to low and stir until the sauce thickens.
5. When the chicken strips are done baking, dip them into your honey chipotle sauce, tossing to coat. Serve warm and enjoy!!!