- 1 lb Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 c. Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Mustard (this is optional if you don't like mustard but it really adds a great kick of flavor)
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 large Tortillas
- Tomatoes, chopped onions, jalapenos, relish, cheddar cheese, and pretty much anything you put on your cheeseburger
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown your ground beef until no longer pink. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper while it's cooking. Once your hamburger is no longer pink, drain then return the skillet to heat. Stir in the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
2. Lay tortillas out and spread about 1/4 of the ground beef mixture onto one half of each tortilla. Top the beef mixture with all of your yummy toppings and fold over the other half of your tortillas. Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and cook your tortillas over medium high heat first on one side and then the other until each side is golden brown.
3. Remove your quesadillas from the skillet and slice into wedges (a pizza cutter makes this simple). Serve and enjoy all the yummy goodness!!!
The best part of this recipe is that it's completely customizable to your tastes just like a regular cheeseburger would be. Add toppings, leave out toppings. I added only a teensy bit of cheese on mine and Zach left out the tomatoes on his---it's all about your tastes!!! I would absolutely love to do a barbeque burger spin on this too with bbq sauce instead of mustard and a little bit of bacon. Use your imagination and it will always be delicious!!!
Linking up with Delicious Dish Tuesday
Did you make a special dish specifically for Cinco de Mayo?